Tuesday, March 18, 2008

apparently my "ideal match"

For those of you who dont know... I am currently using eHarmony... yes, yes, enjoy your laughter... when you are done... continue reading.


Anywho, a strange observation I would like to make... I have taken the whole eHarmony personality test twice now... and I am noticing a strange pattern in the supposed "matches" that I am given. In all honesty, I am not sure what to say about it... so I am just going to throw some general trends out there that I have noticed, just various commonalities between myself and the 3-4 people a day eHarmony matches me with.

1) Almost all of my matches are in some way interested in Nursing... either they are a nurse, or they are wanting to be a nurse, or they are going to nursing school, or they want to be a medical missionary of sorts.

2) This next one is really strange... Another strange pattern I have noticed in my matches is that either they say that they want to have "lots" of kids, or they put "maybe" under the Want Kids category... it is really strange to me. It seems like my matches are all or nothing... Which really makes me think (especially as of late), who puts "maybe" in response to if they want kids. idk, I just find it strange...

3) Most of my matches I find in no way attractive... which has lead me to actually use physical appearance as a primary determining factor as to whether or not I initiate communication... It is horrible. I am really not a shallow guy, but many of these girls have similar personalities, and how much can you really know about a girl from two paragraphs of text... and so, alas, I am now shallow. haha.

4) Lastly... and I just find this amusing... I think it is hilarious that on eHarmony, you put your age and they also ask you how often you drink. The part I think is funny... is that the majority of my matches that are under 21, also state that they drink. idk, it is just funny to me...

Anywho, I want to know if my personality type just attracts nurses who maybe want to have kids... or if that is just the demographic of eHarmony. Ironically, I once dated a girl who wanted to be a nurse... and one of the reasons I knew we wouldnt work out was b/c she wanted to be a nurse, lol. Oh the ironies of life... In truth, it was more-so that I just wanted some-one who really challenged me, and she didnt really do that. Even more ironically, eHarmony actually suggested her as a match... HAHA! I am going to shut up now... lol.

Okay. My eHarmony subscription expires in a month... and thus far, I have only found ammusement. Hopefully this last month will be better than the last several months...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's always possible that they say "maybe" because they're spineless. They'll do whatever you say, probably, which I'm sure is a turn-on for some guys, but you seem like the sort of person who would enjoy a girl with spunk.

If you want kids, she'll want kids. If you don't, she won't. Chances are, she's just using the sight to find a man, she's not necessarily got all her ducks in a row. What's more, if a lot of these women are under-21-year-olds, what makes you think that every girl younger than 21 has her whole life planned out in detail? If she's giving answers like that, she's probably just desperate.