Friday, October 12, 2007

Quick post

I do not have time for this post... but a few quick thoughts before they leave my head.

I do not want to understand girls. I have no desire to predict them or understand them. Honestly, I just want to observe. Sure, in time, I am sure I will find patterns and predicables, but I have no desire to cramp them into those.

I think that being around a girl should be like listening to a good poem. I want to be able to just sit there and breathe it all in.

I think I have been treating girls like guys, trying to make them logical and comprehendable... when, honestly, that is just ridiculous.

Lastly, I want to move out of my house.... SOON!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen.

Shayna said...

i think its really good to think not only of girls like that, but of people. girls aren't as incomprehensible and scary as you might think, and boys aren't all that predictable either. do you feel like someone could guess what you are about to do just using logic? and i think it takes years to actually understand anyone. people are spontaneous and interesting. some are more shocking or predictable than others, but really we are all deeper than we appear. its best in all relationships just to go in with an open mind, no expectations, and the ability to change your perceptions of someone. i don't think anyone really wants to be crammed in a box of expectations, even if we project a box we thought we could fit into (we can't fit into boxes).

i think boys are harder to understand because they shove all of their emotions into a box of acceptable responses. on the outside they may seem stoic and pensive, only to later break down and admit they are feeling as terrible and need help. at least with a girl its all out there. emotional responses are let out to be dealt with in real time. of course, i often feel more like a boy in this aspect - which is why i say ditch trying to understand anyone.

lastly, good! getting out will be good for you. not because it is you, but because i don't think any of us can (or should try) to live with our parents anymore. it just makes everything complicated. even if it is nice to have a magically stocked kitchen, etc.

you get my letter yet?