Sunday, December 16, 2007

Jesus Speaks

Last night, I walked around outside for a while, and went down by our pond and lit up a fire. While I was there, I spoke with God about everything that was going on in my life, and this is what he showed me.....

For a while now, God and I have been playing this cute little game... well, you have ever been in a relationship for any length of time, you know what I am talking about... It is that moment when you have run out of clever ideas and planed dates, and just get together just to BE together. Guy picks up girl, they drive off into the sunset... only to have this belabored conversation about "What do you want to do?".... I dont know/ care... "Where would you like to go?" Now, at this point, I am sure that many of you will find that the best solution to this problem is simply for one of the parties to be more "decisive"... and while that would solve the problem, it does not show what is really going on here.

Given two people who just want to be together, the truth is that it really doesnt matter where they go or what they do so long as they are together. Granted, some places are on the black list, but that varies by the couple really. In short, this is what I have been doing with God. I have been sitting just asking where he wanted me to go... At first, I was trying to plan good places to go... think through everything to evaluate my options. Then, I just kept asking Him where he wanted to go. Last night, he answered me.

While I was outside, I looked around our property, and thought about my family and life thus-far. In all reality, I have everything I could ever need. I have a family that loves me, financial support from several sources, the opportunity to do, really, whatever I want to do in life, and a healthy body to enjoy this all in. So then, I told/ asked God... I have everything I would ever need. You have given me all of this. Now, what am I suppose to do? How do I help to change the world? What is my mission for you? And so He told me "Enjoy the life I have given you." In short, he told me next, "[In your enjoyment, you will find my mission for your life.]"

That was pretty much it. I am to enjoy the life God has given me, and pursue not a job or a career, but just the thinks I enjoy in life, and in those moments of joy, God will use me to do His will. It makes sense, really. It was Him who put this joy inside of me, and so I must know that it is He who liked that pleasure to His will. It sounds simple... but for so long, I interpreted the "do what you enjoy" advice as "pick a job you enjoy"... but I am not smart (or rather, wise) enough to do that. And so, I am going to enjoy life now.... because Jesus told me to :-)

Step 2:
Enjoy life. Take a chill-pill, and just soak it all in. When Jesus wants me for something, he can summons me. Until then, I will be enjoying His creation and following my heart... which, I honestly believe (though I will not think on it too long) that my heart will lead me in accordance with His will every day I am alive. Zac is going to remember the joy in life now, and just soak in Gods creation for a while.

No comments: