Thursday, December 13, 2007

some explain, others offer hope

<< DISCLAIMER - Please dont read this post unless you can read it all the way through... I tend to skim quotes, but there is a reason I picked these. >>

My thoughts:
“It's not enough to have a dream unless I'm willing to pursue it. It's not enough to know what's right unless I'm strong enough to do it. It's not enough to join the crowd, to be acknowledged and accepted. I must be true to my ideals, even if I'm excluded and rejected. It's not enough to learn the truth unless I also learn to live it. It's not enough to reach for love unless I care enough to give it.”

And yet, I still know:
“To dream anything that you want to dream. That's the beauty of the human mind. To do anything that you want to do. That is the strength of the human will. To trust yourself to test your limits. That is the courage to succeed.”

A friend recently reminded me:
“To dream of a person you would like to be is to waste the person you are”

“Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation), there is one elementary truth the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, the providence moves too. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents, meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamt would have come his way.”

From one of my favorite movies:
"Only in their dreams can men be truly free. Twas always thus, and always thus will be."

I need people to tell me this:
“If the dream is big enough the facts don't matter”

This is beautiful to me:
“Hope is the dream of a soul awake.”

************************************************************

You are right oh great world of internet friends. A few of you have hit my nail on the head. I am tired, and quickly reaching exhaustion. I am not effectively walking in my purpose right now. I know this, and yet, other than run away, what would you have me to do? I cant identify without isolating myself, and I cant even begin to talk with anyone about all this madness without risking my own stake of sanity... as if there were even people left I could talk to.... I have become scarily familiar with letting go, and at this point, I am just hoping that it is God who has the reins, because right now, I am letting go of it all. I am just not capable, of anything other than misery without some serious perfect divine intervention.

Other than idling, what should I do? Or is there an inherent flaw in that question that explains all of this? Anyone.

No comments: