Saturday, July 12, 2008

iphone 3G

As great as I think it is.... I believe I am going to be sticking with the original iphone, at least for the time being:

Major reasons why:

1) I am moving to Norman in a month... where there is no 3G coverage.
2) I have never found myself needing super accurate GPS, unless I was in my car... where I have a GPS, lol.
3) Over your locked 2 year contract, you pay an extra $360 for the iphone 3G... and I would bet you will not be "eligible" for a new phone for some time.
4) Instead of spending $560 ($200+$360) to carry a iphone 3G... I am going to upgrade my SMS plan by $5 a month to get unlimited texting. (yes, I am a looser) and spend a few bucks buying some good apps (once the market sorts out which ones are worth $$$
5) I ran over my last iphone with a car... and I just know if I did the same with the 3G, I would kill someone if I had to shell out another $500 for a phone.
6) Technically, I have to give up my phone, back to its actual owner (I am on a loaner)... but my parents will be upgrading, leaving two nice 8gigs to choose from. :-)
7) Lastly, having the 2.0 firmware on the old iphone is an amazing incentive to stay with old faithful. haha

Bonus) I was handed down a bluetooth headset that will only work with the current iphone... it is like an $80 deal that requires the first gen dock... of which the new iphone will not fit into...

No comments: