Sunday, July 20, 2008

Super cute...

I think it is inherently masculine to recognize beauty. In fact, I would go as far as to say, recognizing beauty should be more of a masculine characteristic than a feminine one. I would prototypically expect a woman to create beauty rather than recognize or imitate it. From man, I would expect only humorous attempts at imitation and/or bold and pronounced statements identifying some form of beauty in this world.

Woah, where did this come from?

Well... since you asked: It has come from my more frequent use of the word "cute" and "beautiful", in such excess that a few of my more masculine friends have began to patronize me for it. And then (as usual I suppose)... I began to actually think about it. And the more I thought, the more I decided that it is more proper for a guy to use the word cute and/or beautiful than it would be for a girl to use the same term.

By guy/girl I am of course referencing the normal society steriotypes. Well, that and traditional Bible language.

All this now having been said. I am reclaiming the position of "identifier of beauty"... and yes, I am still going to leave the pink shirts to the ladies.

No comments: