Friday, April 04, 2008

hope quotes

To me, hope makes life worth living. Whether that hope is an idealism, or a subconscious dream... to me, as it will forever be, hope makes life worth living.

Below I have two quotes on hope. The first is self-insipiring. The second is the reason why I am leaving my family to go and fill my own cup. I hope you enjoy them.


Hope springs eternal in the human breast;
Man never Is, but always To be blest:
The soul, uneasy and confin'd from home,
Rests and expatiates in a life to come.


-Alexander Pope,


And the second...

Insist on yourself; never imitate. Your own gift you can present every moment with the cumulative force of a whole life's cultivation; but of the adopted talent of another you have only an extemporaneous half possession...
Do that which is assigned to you, and you cannot hope too much or dare too much.


-Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's interesting.

I feel like you knew that all along, though.

Zac said...

Funny thing about humans... we have this uncanny ability to forget and then to be surprised by remembering.

:-)