Friday, April 18, 2008

Stupid Zac

It was an hour and a half, tops. I have driven further to meet someone at the lake for the day... and yet, for whatever reason, I never made that drive. Thinking back, I dont know why I was so stupid. It wasnt like I "didnt have the time"... I know I am in a good place now, and so are they... and ultimately, the conversation probably would have been pointless. But of the short list of things that I do regret in life... not making that drive was one of them.

I know this goes against my whole "anti-pessimism" attempt... but in order for me to start making good decisions, I need to get a hold on the bads ones I made... so as to never repeat them. That decision was a bad one.

Dont ever let a 1.5 hour drive, or a 15 minute phone call, or even a 3 hour flight get in the way of you doing the right thing. There is no price that you can put on doing the right thing... not money, not grades, not sleep. If you have a friend and you know you need to see them... take the day off and go. Surprisingly enough... the world wont stop. The sky will not fall. The oceans will not flood. Sure, there will be more work to do when you get back... but there are some people in your life that are worth it.

Dont be stupid like me. Do the right thing.... before it becomes truly pointless.

No comments: