Sunday, May 04, 2008

Growing Up

To some extent, I find part of my identity in being a capable conversationalist on a large variety of topics.

Because of that, I find it ironic that, for me, "growing up" (especially as of late) has primarily entailed me learning when to NOT speak.

It is just funny.

I wrote blog about how I think we should all be kids. If I was a kid, I would yell and talk about everything... I know this, because as a kid, I ran around talking about and questioning everything.

Now that I am an adult, I am finding that the best way to not upset people, and to keep my conversations with people being productive... is to say only about a third of what I want to say, lol.

I keep a blog and vlog... they are my outlets. However, many times... there are many areas of my life where I wish I didn't have to be so cordial. Many times, I miss the brashness, or rather, the frankness of my youth.

I guess this is where the patience comes in....

No comments: