Saturday, May 03, 2008

Mowing

I am cutting back on my hours at the office to go and mow full time. The summer is here, and it is time to keep the yard managed.

Mowing a front yard is ridiculous enough... mowing Bermuda grass in Tulsa is twice as ridiculous, as I think our water-table here contains miracle-grow.... mowing 35 acres is just plain insane. From start to finish, the grass I have to mow takes approx. 25-30 hours, and that is of pure, hard work... not including maintenance of the equipment or gass/ oil/ wire refills. Now here is the fun part: when summer gets into full gear, I have to do that once a week... and sometimes parts have to be hit twice a week (a 5 hour section).

30-35 hours of outdoor labor a week, in a humid 105 degree climate is insane. Plus, every mow puts me into thick poison ivy... which my body does not like thus far... Working 5 days a week, that is being outside at least 6 hours a day...

Well, at least it pays well. :-) And by well, I honestly mean better than any other job i could get this summer... including a technical/computer job. Craziness...

Oh, and I get a free tan and my hair is nicely highlighted by the sun... haha.

No comments: